Saturday, January 12, 2008

Unlikely's New Blog

In January and February of 2007 I started this blog you're reading called, Unlikely Conversation. The initial idea was that I'd start to put out thoughts out there about the Lectionary for the coming week on Mondays and any other subject of interest. I used my seminary nick-name, unlikely, as a starting point and pen name. I like the semi-anonymous part of blogging. In the Summer I started a second blog where I post sermons called Unlikely Sermons. It doesn't get much attention; but I wasn't after that. I wanted a place to start posting sermons so that they'd be available in later years if anybody cared. I also like the easy access to them if needed from the web and not just a hard-drive. I even started a photo blog with some original images called Unlikely Photos.

I've been blogging for 11 months now and I'm still planning to keep at it. Over time I included a few postings and thoughts about things beyond the Lectionary on Unlikely Conversation. One blogger, Bobjots, even has my Lectionary thoughts posted weekly as content in his blog right along side daily prayer from Taize and an order for daily prayer. I'm definitely honored, I'm not in that league; but its not right to keep putting other things up where some might be looking for scripture based content, I still want a space to put out my occasional thoughts beyond the Revised Common Lectionary. So it just seems logical that I should separate the thoughts about the Lectionary from the banter, babble, and blather that I might want to share on any and every other subject that's interesting.

So feel free to check out my new blog, Unlikely Banter. Please check out the others blogs if you like. There will still be a post at Unlikely Conversation every week (almost every time on Monday) after this post only with the Lectionary in mind.

Thanks,
John, a.k.a. Unlikely.

No comments: